For more information on individuals who are your Effingham City Council, please click on their link below for their biographical information.
- Mayor Jeff Bloemker - front row center - Public Affairs
- Commissioner Merv Gillenwater - front row right - Accounts & Finances
- Commissioner Don Althoff - front row left - Streets & Public Improvements
- Commissioner Kevin Willis - back row right - Public Health & Safety
- Commissioner Kevin Esker - back row left - Public Property
The City of Effingham is a non-home rule unit which operates under a commission form of government. The City Council is comprised of a mayor and four commissioners who are elected for four-year terms. An appointed city administrator who serves at the direction of the mayor and City Council assists the City Council with the development and implementation of policy and in the administration and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the City.
Effingham is a full-service City providing law enforcement services, fire fighting and fire prevention services, liquor control code enforcement, fire code enforcement services, economic development, tourism, library, and public works services that include streets, water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, building code, plumbing code, and electrical code.
The City Council meets formally on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:00 p.m.