Final Eligibility List
The current Final Eligibility List is effective from September 20, 2016 through September 20, 2018.
The next opportunity to apply for the testing process will be in April of 2018. Check back often for more updates.
Lateral Eligibility List
Applications are currently not being accepted for Lateral Entry Recruit Patrolmen. Below are the requirements for lateral entry into the Effingham Police Department.
Applicants must have two (2) years full-time sworn experience in the State of Illinois and shall have been certified through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Lateral Entry Benefits:
- Annual salary of $52,258.70 for hire date prior to 4/30/18 with two (2) years of full-time police service in the State of Illinois
- Choice of Traditional or HSA Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Two personal days per year
- 12 sick days earned per year
- 80 hours vacation per year
- Clothing and equipment allowance ($550 per year)
- Life Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation plan
- Cafeteria or "125 employee benefit" plan
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association Plan (VEBA)
- Take-home vehicle, if residency in City limits
Telecommunicators are responsible for answering emergency and non-emergency calls involving police, fire and EMS situations. Two Telecommunicators are staffed 24/7 365 days a year, operating telephone phone system, multiple computer programs, complex radio system and recording system.