Final Eligibility List
Applications for testing for Entry Level Police Officer are not being accepted at this time.
The current Final Eligibility List is effective from September 21, 2018 through September 21, 2020.
Lateral Eligibility List
Applications are currently being accepted until October 26, 2018 at 4:00 PM for Lateral Entry Level Police Officer. Below are the requirements for lateral entry into the Effingham Police Department.
Applicants must have two (2) years full-time sworn experience in the State of Illinois and shall have been certified through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Lateral Entry Benefits:
- Annual salary of $53,826.46 for hire date prior to 4/30/19 with two (2) years of full-time police service in the State of Illinois
- Choice of Traditional or HSA Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Two personal days per year
- 12 sick days earned per year
- 80 hours vacation per year
- Clothing and equipment allowance ($550 per year)
- Life Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation plan
- Cafeteria or "125 employee benefit" plan
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association Plan (VEBA)
- Take-home vehicle, if residency in City limits
We are currently accepting applications for experienced-only Part Time Telecommunicator positions.
Telecommunicators are responsible for answering emergency and non-emergency calls involving police, fire and EMS situations. Two Telecommunicators are staffed 24/7/365 days a year, operating telephone phone system, multiple computer programs, complex radio system and recording system.