The Public Property Division is a multifaceted and diverse branch of the City of Effingham which provides the following services:
- Oversees and maintains all public property, including buildings, within the City of Effingham.
- Oversees and maintains all facilities associated with Bliss Park, the City's oldest park.
- Oversees and maintains Oakridge Cemetery, which was established in 1854.
- All services associated with events and functions that occur within the City fall under the responsibility of the Public Property Division.
- Responsible for fleet maintenance.