NOTICE: The undersigned acknowledges that by accepting the Amusement License issued by the City of Effingham, you consent to the City of Effingham audting at all reasonable times your business records for purposes of determining compliance with the City of Effingham's Amusement Tax Ordinance, and entering upon the premises licensed hereunder for purposed of investigating for compliance with the City of Effingham's Tax Ordinance. You further acknowledge that violation of the City of Effingham's Amusement Tax or your refusal to provide all relevant business records necessary to conduct an audit for purposes of determining Amusement License issued persuant to the City of Effingham Amusement Tax Ordinance shall result in the immediate suspension of any Amusement License issued pursuant to the City of Effingham Amusement Tax Ordinance.
By typing your name below and clicking on “I Agree” below, the signer recognizes and agrees that he/she is and shall be personally responsible for and liable of the collection and remittance of any and all Amusement Tax required by the City of Effingham Amusement Tax Ordinance.
By typing your name below and clicking on “I Agree” below, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
• I have read, understood, and agree to the terms and conditions of the Amusement License Application;
• I agree to submit and proceed with the application for Amusement License through electronic means;
• I agree that my electronic signature is the equivalent of a manual signature and that the City of Effingham, Illinois, may rely on it as such in connection with any and all agreements that I may enter into with the City of Effingham, Illinois, and any documents I electronically sign for the City of Effingham, Illinois;
• I acknowledge and agree that it is my obligation to immediately advise the City of Effingham, Illinois of any change in my electronic address (i.e. email address);
• I acknowledge and agree that it is my obligation to immediately advise the City of Effingham, Illinois, in the event I withdraw my consent to use electronic means for the application and/or account;
• I acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions contained within the Online Application E-Signature and Electronic Disclosure Agreement
• I acknowledge and agree that the various security and verification procedures adopted by the City of Effingham, Illinois, in connection with the Amusement License Application, as well as any other documents that I will affix my electronic signature constitute reasonable and secure security procedures and that all signatures are attributable to the person whose name is typed below;
• I acknowledge and agree that the individual completing this Amusement Tax License is the individual whose name the account is being requested and whose name is typed below.
If you understand, accept, and agree to the policies, terms, and conditions set forth above (and as attached), then type in your name and click on the “I Agree” button below to acknowledge your acceptance and agreement. By typing your name below, you understand that you are electronically signing this document and are agreeing to all of the policies, terms, and conditions set forth above. You further understand that the City of Effingham, Illinois, will rely upon your electronic signature to the same extent as if you had signed this document in ink. If you do not understand or accept or agree to the policies, terms, and conditions set forth above, then Do Not click on the “I Agree” button and exit this site.
Online Application E-Signature and Electronic Disclosure Agreement
This Online E-Signature and Electronic Disclosures Agreement (“eSign Agreement”) applies to all communications, documents, disclosures ( “Communications” ) and electronic signatures related to the products, services and accounts offered or accessible through this online Amusment License Application process for all applicants, co-applicants and other individuals listed on the Amusment License Application, or any and all other application or form including beneficiaries and authorized users, if applicable.
Agreement to Conduct Transaction by Electronic means:
You agree to conduct the transactions offered through this online application process by electronic means and acknowledge that all documents, disclosures, forms and other information related to such transactions completed through this online process will result in valid and legally binding agreements. You also agree that you have adequate access to a computer or device with sufficient internet connectivity to conduct these transactions online.
Agreement to Use Electronic Signatures:
You specifically agree that any electronic signatures that you provide through this online process are valid and enforceable as your legal signature. You acknowledge that these electronic signatures will legally bind you to the terms and conditions contained in the related documents just as if you had physically signed the same documents with a pen.
Agreement to Receive Disclosures Electronically:
You agree to receive all legal and regulatory disclosures and other communications associated with any of the account applications or transactions available through this online application process through electronic means including this web based electronic interface and email.
Withdrawing your Consent:
You may withdraw your consent to this online eSign Agreement and electronic signature at any time by not clicking on the “I Agree” button on the page prior to completing the application process. If you withdraw your consent, by not clicking on the “I Agree” button before the account application process is complete, we cannot accept and process your application.
Availability of Printed Copies:
You may obtain printed copies of any of the agreements, disclosures or other related documents by signing into your account, downloading the documents and printing them from your computer or device or by contacting the City Clerks Office during office hours at 217-342-5300 and requesting copies.
Hardware and Software Requirements:
To access and retain the disclosures, you must have access to the Internet. While you may be able to access and retain the Communications using other hardware and software, your personal computer or device needs to support the following requirements:
• An operating system, such as:
Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista or Win 7; or Mac OS 10
For Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, or Win 7
o Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher
o Firefox 3 and higher
o Chrome 3.0 and higher
For Macintosh using OS 10.x
o Safari 3.0 and higher
o Firefox 3 and higher
o Chrome 4.0 and higher
Because some Communications will be sent by email, you must also provide us with a current email address as part of your application. If this address changes, please contact us (see below for address and instructions).
1. We will notify you of any changes in the software or hardware needed to access and retain the Communication by posting the changes on wwww.effinghamil.com
2. You may print any Communication by using the “Print” button (or otherwise using the printing functionality on your computer or device). You may retain a copy of a Communication by saving to your computer or device.
3. You may request a paper copy of any Communication by sending your request by mail (see below for address). Please provide your complete name, date of account application (if known), loan number (if applicable), address to which you would like the copies mailed, and describe the specific documents you want.
Contacting City of Effingham
To contact the City of Effingham, please send the following information to address or email listed below:
201 E. Jefferson Avenue,
1st Floor of City Hall