Applications accepted on a continuous basis.
The City of Effingham Police Department is seeking candidates to serve as Part-Time Police Telecommunicator/9-1-1 Operator. Part-time telecommunicators work an average of 15-18 hours/week, with a starting wage of $18.00/hour. Increases to $18.50/hour after successfully completing a 6-month probationary period.
- Receives and processes incoming calls for police, fire, and emergency medical services via the 9-1-1 system
- Maintains radio contact with police, fire, and EMS units
- Documents all calls and contacts into a computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system
- Operates myriad software and intergovernmental data systems
- Communicates with the public via the telephone and through personal contacts; • Prioritizes requests for assistance and provides emergency instructions to citizen callers
- Maintains records, reports, and logs in conformity with regulations and agency policy
- Other miscellaneous, related duties.
- High school education or equivalent; three (3) to six (6) months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Twelve (12) or more months of related experience or training
- Certifications in EMD, CPR, LEADS, NIMS, bloodborne pathogens/HAZMAT
Billie Bales, Communications Manager
- Call 217-347-0774, extension 5327
- Email BBales@EffinghamIL.com
To apply for this job please visit www.effinghamil.com.