Welcome to our new website! Learn more

Do I need a permit to go door-to-door to sell items, insurance, electricity plans, or other services?

Yes. A license from the Effingham Police Department is required to do business as an itinerant merchant, solicitor or peddler in the City of Effingham. The only exception to this is a merchant who offers produce which they have grown themselves.

Learn more and apply for a permit.

Close window