Welcome to our new website! Learn more

My carbon monoxide detector has activated, what should I do?

Remember, carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless. Call 9-1-1 immediately. Leave your residence with ALL occupants, including pets if possible. Do not attempt to ventilate the residence or re-enter the residence after leaving. If it is cold outside, go to a neighbor’s residence or get inside a car and move it out of the garage (if that is where it is parked). If you have a cordless phone or cell phone, take it with you. If nobody is showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning (nausea, vomiting, headaches, etc.) we will respond non-emergency to your residence. However, if someone does have symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, an emergency response is initiated.

Close window