Welcome to our new website! Learn more

FAQ Topic: Culture & recreation

How do I register my bicycle?

As a service, Effingham Police Department registers bicycles for free for anyone living in the City of Effingham. To register, bring your bicycle to the police department at 110 S. 3rd Street any weekday.

How do I sign my child up for summer camp?

The Effingham Park District offers summer camps and other activities for your whole family. You can call them at 217-342-5680, or send them an email. The Effingham Public Library also offers summer camps and programs.

Is there a public swimming pool?

Yes! Indoor pools are available year-round at the Richard E. Workman Sports & Wellness Complex. An outdoor pool is open during warm months in Evergreen Harmony Park. Contact the Effingham Park District at 217-342-5680 to get information about both swimming pools.

Close window