An Enterprise Zone application is required to be completed to receive the incentives offered by the Effingham/Effingham County Enterprise Zone. Any property located within the zone boundaries is eligible for incentives.
What to do
- Fill out the Enterprise Zone project application form (Form A)
- Submit completed application to Sasha Althoff, email@example.com.
- Pay the Enterprise Zone application fee. The fee is calculated at 0.5% of the estimated building material cost.
- Send the Building Material Sales Tax Exemption application (Form B) to all entities purchasing building materials or have contractors apply online.
Once the application has been submitted the Enterprise Zone Administrator will confirm the Enterprise Zone application fee amount and send an invoice. After the fee has been paid, the project will be submitted online to the Illinois Department of Revenue. From there building material tax exemption certificates can be created. The Illinois Department of Revenue will email the sales tax exemption certificates directly to the applicants. Form Bs can continue to be submitted throughout the project.
When the project is completed please contact the Enterprise Zone Administrator with the following information:
- Actual cost of building materials
- Actual cost of labor
- Number of full-time employees
Projects will also be subject to reporting to the Illinois Department of Revenue.