Welcome to our new website! Learn more

Archives: FAQs

How do I request City records?

Anyone wishing to view or obtain copies of City records should submit a written request to the City Clerk’s Office either in person, by mail, fax, email, or submit an online request.

What building codes has the city adopted?

You can find a list of the construction rules and regulations enforced by the City of Effingham including building codes, fire codes, life safety codes, setbacks, and more.

How do I get a copy of a crash report?

You can get a copy of your crash report online. For help, call the Lexis Nexis support line at 866-215-2771.  For step-by-step details, please check out the instructions found on our crash report page.

Where can I find crime statistics?

Crime in Illinois Annual Uniform Crime Reports, published by Illinois State Police, include past crime statistics for Effingham. For the most recent crime statistics: Email Sandi Gillet, or call 217-347-0774 extension 5326

How do I register my bicycle?

As a service, Effingham Police Department registers bicycles for free for anyone living in the City of Effingham. To register, bring your bicycle to the police department at 110 S. 3rd Street any weekday.

Close window