What is a City Clerk?
The City Clerk's functions are broad and vital to the operation and welfare of the community. The Clerk serves as keeper of the record with regard to official records of the City.
- In charge and custody of all bonds, contracts, books and papers belonging to the City, both financial and legal
- Seals and attests all contracts and has supervision of the City debt, obligations, loans, liabilities and other payments of interest
- Attends all Council Meetings and keeps records of such
- Exercises general supervision over all officers charged in any manner with the receipt, collection or disbursement of municipal revenue
- Keeps all ordinances, resolutions and minutes indexed and in safe keeping as well as maintains updated codification of the City ordinances
- Utility Billing
- Appointed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer
- Appointed Open Meetings Act (OMA) Officer