You can pay your water and sewer bill online with a debit/credit card, or by dropping off a check/cash at City Hall. You can also set up automatic payments.
If your water is shut-off due to non-payment, a non-refundable $25 disconnect fee will be applied to your account.
Before you start
If you want to pay your bill online, you'll need an account. To set one up:
- Visit the payment portal
- Select “Citizen Self Service”
- Select “Register for a new account”
- Enter your information and click “Register”
- Call 217-342-2366 to link your billing account
What to do
- Visit the online payment portal
- Sign into your account
- Select your utility billing account number
- Select “Manage Bills”
- Select “Pay”
- Enter your billing details and click “Continue”
- Enter your payment information and click “Make Payment”
Drop payment off in-person
You can drop-off a check at at 201 E. Jefferson Ave. anytime:
- Customer service drive-up window (weekdays, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- 24hour drop box (after business hours)
- Utility Billing office in City Hall (weekdays, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
If you paid online, you’ll see a Transaction Result page confirming your payment. You’ll also get an email confirmation.
Tired of remembering to pay every month? Set up automatic payments.