Libby and her husband Scott have been married for 22 years. They have two children, Tucker and Margaret.
Libby is a graduate of St. Anthony High School and she holds a degree in Political Science from Eastern Illinois University.
Moeller serves as Training Manager for Illinois Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA). Libby and her husband, Scott, have owned their own business for 16 years.
This is Moeller's second term as commissioner. Prior to serving on the city council, Libby served on both the Plan Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals for the City of Effingham. She is past Executive Director for CASA of Effingham County and has served on numerous boards throughout the community:
- Catholic Charities Agape Champaign
- St. Anthony Hall of Fame Gala Committee
- Effingham Artisan Fair Co-Chair
- Effingham County United for Schools
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Family Violence Council
- CASA of Effingham County
- Illinois CASA/Southern Region Representative
- HSHS St. Anthony Memorial Hospital, Community Advisory Board
- HSHS St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Donor Relations Committee
- Effingham Chamber of Commerce, Community Development Committee
- Effingham Unit 40 Educational Foundation
Libby is currently a member of the Fourth Judicial Circuit Juvenile Justice Council. She is also a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women and PEO, Chapter FA