All businesses or individuals who wish to operate a mobile food service establishment are required to obtain a permit.
Mobile food service establishment shall mean:
a self-contained food service operation, located in a readily movable, motorized, wheeled or towed vehicle or other unit, used to store, prepare, display or serve food intended for individual portion service
Before you start
- Read and review Ordinance No. 015-2018 which is the City of Effingham's policy for licensing and regulating mobile food service establishments
- Make sure all required safety equipment is in place and in working order
- Obtain an Illinois Department of Revenue tax identification number
What to do
Mobile food service establishment inspections are scheduled Monday - Friday between 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays. The final inspection of the day will be scheduled no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Download or print out the application below
- Complete the application
- Be sure to complete information for all additional workers, if applicable
- Submit the form:
- Email completed form to MKulesza@EffinghamIL.com; or
- Bring completed form to your inspection
- Schedule inspection
On the day of your scheduled inspection, have the following items with you:
- Driver's license
- A copy of your completed application
- Cash or check for $100.00 made payable to the City of Effingham
- Food service vehicle or trailer
To serve you better, please complete all forms prior to your scheduled inspection.
Once you have successfully completed the inspection and background check, you will receive a permit sticker which will be valid for one calendar year from the date you are approved. This allows you to operate in the City of Effingham where permitted.
Renewing a mobile food service establishment permit
A renewal application and inspection will need to be completed for existing permits prior to the expiration date. The process for renewal is the same as applying for the original permit.