In order to insure the health, safety, and welfare of the general public, the City Council has voted to restrict the days that residents are allowed to burn landscape waste (i.e. leaves/tree limbs) in the corporate City limits.
- Landscape waste burning is only allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, & Mondays between the hours of 8 am - 6 pm and it must not be left unattended.
- Burning may not be conducted in City driving surfaces (roads or alleys), manhole covers, sidewalks, meter pits, storm drain inlets, or any utility cover.
- No form of garbage, construction materials, or other household items may be burned at any time.
- Burning may not create a visibility hazard (excess smoke) on roadways or near railroad tracks.
- All landscape waste burns must be out by 6 pm and must not be left smoldering.
- Only landscape waste generated on the property may be burned on the property.