Rules and regulations
The City of Effingham has a policy for the licensing and regulation of mobile food service establishments operating within Effingham.
All businesses wishing to operate a mobile food service establishment are encouraged to fully review Ordinance No. 015-2018 for complete rules and regulations.
All mobile food service establishments must have a safety inspection, Illinois Department of Revenue tax identification number, and pay an annual $100 fee.
General safety points
- At no time shall a parked food vehicle block or interfere with the access and use of any fire hydrant, either public or private
- No parked food vehicle shall block a building's fire department connection (FDC)
- No parked food vehicle shall obstruct public ways in order to allow free escape at all times
- No parked food vehicle shall block any egress from buildings
- Access for emergency vehicles should be given consideration; the food vehicle may need to be moved in a timely matter during an emergency where access to that area is needed
- Owner operators should have training for all employees on their equipment:
- Fuel and electrical shut off
- Fire suppression equipment
- Emergency procedures
- Securing the vehicle's equipment for transit
- All training should be documented and saved
- Decorations shall be flame resistant
- Hot surfaces from cooking and heating devices shall be protected so that the public is protected from physical contact