Welcome to our new website! Learn more

Apply for a public right of way permit

A public right of way permit is required if you are doing construction work that encroaches onto City streets, sidewalks, or City-owned land.

Before you start

Review all the terms and requirements in the right of way permit application.

What to do

  1. Prepare a description of the work and gather any plans related to the project.
  2. Gather proof of insurance with the City of Effingham named as the certificate holder.
  3. Download and complete the right of way permit application form. Wet signatures are required.
  4. Complete 1 of the following ways to bond or insure the project:
  5. Submit your application and the required materials by mail or in-person at the Public Works office in City Hall.
    • Mail: City of Effingham, attention Public Works, P.O. Box 648, Effingham, IL 62401
    • In-person: Public Works, 201 East Jefferson Ave
  6. Pay deposit and fees.

What's next

We will contact you and let you know if your application is complete or missing information.

Get help

Greg Koester
City Planner

(217) 342-5300
extension 5348
Close window