A public right of way permit is required if you are doing construction work that encroaches onto City streets, sidewalks, or City-owned land.
Before you start
Review all the terms and requirements in the right of way permit application.
What to do
- Prepare a description of the work and gather any plans related to the project.
- Gather proof of insurance with the City of Effingham named as the certificate holder.
- Download and complete the right of way permit application form. Wet signatures are required.
- Complete 1 of the following ways to bond or insure the project:
- Submit your application and the required materials by mail or in-person at the Public Works office in City Hall.
- Mail: City of Effingham, attention Public Works, P.O. Box 648, Effingham, IL 62401
- In-person: Public Works, 201 East Jefferson Ave
- Pay deposit and fees.
We will contact you and let you know if your application is complete or missing information.