As a service, Effingham Police Department registers bicycles for anyone living in the City of Effingham.
- There is no cost for this service.
- Bicycle registration is offered Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. at the police department
Registering your bicycle will help police find the rightful owner in case the bike is ever recovered after being lost or stolen
Before you start
Please obtain the following information before registering your bicycle:
- Owner's name, address, date of birth, and primary phone number
- Make and model of bike
- Type of bike (i.e.: 10-speed, mountain, child's, etc.)
- Color of bike
- Serial number of bike
- Value of bike
- Condition of bike (new or used)
- Description of any special features or accessories
What to do
Bring your bicycle or bicycles to Effingham Police Department.
Police staff will:
- Gather all the needed information
- Inspect your bicycle
- Place a sticker on your bicycle which has an individual permit number
- Give you a written receipt for your records
In the event that your bicycle is recovered by Effingham Police Department, the registration sticker attached to your bike allows officers to easily identify who the rightful owner is and return it.
Please update us if any of your contact information changes or you no longer have the bicycle.