Effingham Police Department uses Lexis Nexis, a third-party vendor, for digital crash reporting. Drivers involved in accidents are given the report number at the scene, along with the other drivers' names. Other crash report details including insurance information are available for purchase online.
Before you start
You will need the following information to obtain a copy of your crash report:
- Effingham Police Crash Report Number: (i.e.: P23-12345)
- Driver's date of birth
What to do
To obtain a copy of your crash report online, go to buycrash.com and follow the step by step instructions from Lexis Nexis.
When locating your accident report online, provide only the following three details:
- State: Illinois
- City: Effingham
- Report Number: P23-12345 (example only - use the report number provided by the officer, including the "-" dash)
- Driver's Exchange reports are FREE
- Full crash reports are $15.00
Obtain copy of crash report
- Print crash report
- Save crash report as a PDF
For individuals without internet access, please contact Beth Massey, Technical Services Assistant, at 217-347-0774 extension 5315.
After obtaining your crash report, contact your insurance company and provide them with a copy of your crash report. Your insurance company will be able to assist you further.